Please note the following reminders when signing up for a build day:
1. Build day addresses will be sent out the day before your shift.
2. Each volunteer must complete one of our waivers with a physical signature. This form will be emailed to you along with the build day address. Please print and fill this out prior to your arrival. The forms should be given to the supervisor once you arrive.
3. Once you arrive at the build site, please be sure to check in on BamaPulse. This can be done on your phone by visiting the page of the build day you’ve signed up for. This helps us keep track of attendance and makes sure you are credited your service hours.
4. Promptness is important! At the beginning of the day, there is a mandatory safety meeting that all volunteers must participate in. Volunteers should arrive at least 5 minutes early to park and check-in. The work day begins at 8:30, so please be there no later than 8:25.
5. Closed-toe shoes and masks are required and volunteers must wear clothing they don't mind getting dirty. If shorts are worn, they should be an appropriate length. Shirts have to be full sized (no tank tops or cut-outs under the arms with sports bras or midriff showing). No over-sized jewelry.
6. Habitat provides all tools, equipment and safety gear. Water and ice will also be provided.
7. If posting pictures of your build day experience, please be sure to use #HabitatTuscaloosa and tag @UAHabitat
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.